Fluxion is the future of MITM WPA attacks.
Fluxion is a security auditing and social-engineering research tool. The script attempts to retrieve the WPA/WPA2 key from a target access point by means of a social engineering (phishing) attack.
How it works:
- Scan for a target wireless network.
- Launch the Handshake Snooper attack.
- Capture a handshake (necessary for password verification).
- Launch Captive Portal attack.
- Spawns a rogue (fake) AP, imitating the original access point.
- Spawns a DNS server, redirecting all requests to the attacker's host running the captive portal.
- Spawns a web server, serving the captive portal which prompts users for their WPA/WPA2 key.
- Spawns a jammer, deauthenticating all clients from original AP and luring them to the rogue AP.
- All authentication attempts at the captive portal are checked against the handshake file captured earlier.
- The attack will automatically terminate once a correct key has been submitted.
- The key will be logged and clients will be allowed to reconnect to the target access point.